Re: Nvidia Quadro FX880M and debian sid

On 09/13/2017 06:46 AM, Pétùr wrote:
Le 06/09/2017 à 12:02, Felix Miata a écrit :
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT216GLM [Quadro
FX 880M] (rev a2)
That's probably new enough to be supported by the default Xorg driver. Purge the
nouveau Xorg driver and all traces of the proprietary driver, and Xorg should
automatically use the default (modesetting, which will show up in Xorg.0.log as
modeset(0)). I have no complaints using the modesetting driver, but I don't use
laptops or suspend either.
I did purge/reinstall the nouveau Xorg driver and delete any nvidia.
packages.

It works fine most of the time but I still have graphical problems time
to time. It is like the desktop go back in time and display windows
which were open 15 min ago (like a snapshot). When it happens, if I move
the mouse cursor I can see the actual window which is really open behind
the snapshot. If I maximize a window, it reset all the screen and I can
work again.

I made a quick screencast showing a little bit the issue:

https://ncloud.zaclys.com/index.php/s/R8JE9vKNg1llata

Is there something to do to fix that?

I think it's highly unlikely that this is from a video card driver. It sounds like something in the operating system itself. BTW, you will get better performance from the video card if you get the proper NVidia driver and install it.

--doug