Re: Buster SSH

There were changes in SSH in stretch. And since you told about your
super old ".ssh" folder you keep tagging along, it could be the reason
it causes problems for you.
Here, take a look at release notes:
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#openssh-protocol-and-cipher-support-changes