Re: hibernate uses a wrong UUID
On 9/9/17, Pierre Frenkiel <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Sep 2017, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> Outdated initramfs?
>> After modifying /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume you need to run
> I ran it again (update-initramfs -u), and I got the message
> generating .....
> but the problem is still there
This is my third complete rewrite. There's a CLOSED Bug #861057 (2017.04.26):
TITLE: initramfs-tools: no longer supports RESUME=LABEL|UUID syntax
That was found because I'm FINALLY trying to address my own hibernate
(suspend?) recovery issues while all of this is almost making sense
Originally, I was writing to ask what's in Pierre's
My purpose for asking about Pierre's *was* that maybe there's
something too much (like a stray, *invisible* character) or maybe
something too little (like a missing closing character) that's
interfering with success.
BUT... now there's that closed bug #861057 which sounds possibly
similar to Pierre's experience. That pretty much shoves my idea out
the back door. :)
Pierre's bug, he shared that extra bit about how it's checking for a
wrong UUID. It's possible I'm not cognitively grasping that the same
is mentioned in Bug #861057, but right now I'm not seeing that
referenced there. Maybe that was what was going on under the hood on
that closed bug, too..........
Back on that "maybe something too little" character angle... Would
single quotes or double quotes around the UUID value help in this
Everything else I wrote has been deleted while I work on my own issue.
In the meantime, I found these while trying to fix mine:
* Those look like they could use a refresh from a knowledgeable person...
* I'm surely not the only one who keeps mixing these terms up.. :)
Talking Rock, Pickens County, Georgia, USA
* runs with duct tape *