Re: testing, upgrade of openssl libssl1.1 ( 1.1.0f-3 => 1.1.0f-4 )

Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 10:50:00PM +0100, Michael Grant wrote:

>> What is the right way for an admin to handle this problem on Debian
>> Testing?

> The only thing they told me back in the day was 'if you have to do a
> server - you use Debian stable'. This openssl incident and may others
> only prove this principle right.

Exactly.

I have my home and personal systems on Unstable+Experimental, but only
because a) I am adventurous, b) have been doing this for a very long
time an know how to get myself out of any mess and c) I am the only one
using this and if something breaks I don't harm anyone else.

S°

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.