Re: (solved) how to roll back to jessie

On 9/4/17, Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 9/4/17, Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>  Wheezy support is
>>  scheduled to terminate less than 9 months from today.
>>  Maybe
>>  now is a good time to consider at
>>  least Jessie if not Stretch, since you're
>>  installing fresh.
>
> i have used debian for long time (since rex)
> all support i need comes from this list
> i do not install security update
> and it not cause trouble for me
>
> and font in text mode in wheezy seems cool
>
> i have an wheezy in /dev/sda2
> and have installed iceweasel today

Would you consider posting a screen capture of the font effect as
you're seeing it? You could upload to Debian itself *for posterity*:

https://paste.debian.net/

Maybe someone can help bring your fave into future releases... or
maybe something already exists but just got buried under the surface
over time.

I can *empathize*, i.e. have experienced this first hand. I can
remember favored features, just such as a font's almost "naive"
onscreen appearance, changing as all these projects grew up. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *