Re: network trouble on stretch

From: mrmazda@earthlink.net
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Erik Christiansen composed on 2017-09-04 18:06 (UTC+1000):

> But Fungi4All"s solution is so easy to use that I"m won over, and
> have implemented it here.

I think I started putting net.ifnames=0 on the kernel command line close to 3
years ago. :-)

You mean on grub.cfg on the linux command line.  This is what the above mentioned procedure does
when grub updates.  If you don't place the modifier in etc/grub then it may vanish again, meaning you
will have to do it again.  The same with other modifiers of grub, like default # entry, background, timeout.