Re: Required help on local Debain mirror

Hi there,

Am 2017-08-29 11:57, schrieb Kala Techies:
I am using (Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.10 (squeeze)) in my environment and I
want to update all systems using one local mirror.

I don't think it's a good idea to setup a real local mirror,
as that means you'll download the entire archive, which is
likely going to be a _lot_ more stuff (especially if you
download all available architectures) than upgrading each
machine individually.

What you'll rather want is to setup a local proxy server
that'll cache the packages. This way you'll only download
what you actually need, but you'll also only download it
once.

I can recommend the apt-cacher-ng package for that.

Regards,
Christian