Re: USB external hard drive -- mounting

On 8/29/17, 11:59 AM, Dominique Dumont wrote:
Depending on the bahavior you want, you should choose one of the 2 lines, but
not both. I believe the latter triggers the "Duplicate entry" warning .

So if you want your device to be mounted when inserted, choose the line with
defaults,noatime,auto,nofail

If you want the device mounted when the mounted directory is accessed, choose
the line with x-systemd.automount

I see. Ok. That seems reasonable, although even on re-reading the blog entry, it still isn't clear (at least to one like me who doesn't often dig around in the guts of Linux), that it's an "either/or" situation, without your explanation above.

Thanks for getting back to me. In my case, it's the first version.

--
JHHL