Re: Computer friendly blood pressure?

On 2017-08-29, Terence <terence.john@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Curt,

Hi.

> I have used an Omron Evolv upper arm blood pressure monitor since my triple
> bye-pass earlier this year.

Hope it wasn't bye-bye pass surgery.

;-) (sorry).

> FWIW I have found the Omron Connect application and my Samsung Galaxy Note
> sufficient for my needs and when talking/showing to medical staff.

Right but I wanted to remain within the contraints of the OP's problem
statement.

> I don't think anyone produces what you are looking for (I couldn't find
> anything like that or better than the Evolv when I was looking) but perhaps
> using a tablet instead of a PC may work for you.

Actually I'm not looking. I have an Omron M3 recommended by my new
"toubib" (toubib or not toubib) who recommended it because I was getting
high, in-office readings (turned out to be white coat hypertension--this
doctor makes me nervous).

No computer connectivity for this M3 model.

But apparently there are a couple of Omrom models with PC connectivity
which work with the open-source software to which I gave the link.

> Certainly the Evolv does everything it "says on the tin", and is - as far
> as checking with my doctor's, and the local hospital's readings go - as
> accurate as one could wish.

Thanks for the heads up and hope your health is stable and good.

--
"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places.
But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very