Re: Unable to change mouse acceleration and threshold in Stretch

On 27/08/17 13:57, Илья Валеев wrote:
> 21.08.2017 01:00, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
>> I use LXDE and I can adjust the acceleration and speed through the program
>> accessible in LXDE menu. It is called “mouse and keyboard preferences“ or
>> something like that. However, even setting the speed at minimum, it is
>> still too high. What I have done is to use this command:
>>
>> “xinput --set-prop
>> "Logitech USB Optical Mouse" "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0.28 0 0 0
>> 0.28 0 0 0 1”
>>
>> Replace 0.28 by your preferred multiplier (1 = no change; 1.123 = 12.3%
>> increase, et cetera) This ought to work regardless of desktop environment.
>> In lightdm, you can put this in “$HOME/.xsessionrc“ to run it
>> automatically at each log-in.
>>

> Seems like bug is unique for me, but your method works.
> Solved.

It does not seem to be a bug. As mentioned in a previous message
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/08/msg00404.html> what
happens is that in Debian 9, mouse acceleration parameters are handled
by libinput by default (I think that one can disable libinput by
replacing the package “xserver-xorg-input-libinput” with
“xserver-xorg-input-evdev”, but I beware that I have *NOT* tried it)

Apparently, libinput uses its own parameters and ignores the parameters
that “xset” alters.

> Thanks!

Пожалуйста.

--
Do not eat animals, respect them as you respect people.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+(become+OR+eat)+vegan