Re: Debian v9 it's a stretch

On 26/08/17 20:36, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On 2017-08-25, Borden Rhodes <jrvp@bordenrhodes.com> wrote:
>> I encourage everyone to check out "How to Irritate People salesmen" on
>> your favourite community video streaming site. That's how I've found
>> FOSS support: "Best software in the world. No problems at all. But if
>> you find a problem, file a bug and we'll fix it." "Well I have filed a
>> bug, and you haven't fixed it." "Nope, no problems with this software
>> at all..."
>
> And you have never encountered that attitude with proprietary software
> vendors? Ever?
>
> The difference with FLOSS is that you can fix any problems yourself. Or
> persuade or pay someone else to do it for you. The choice is yours.

There are plenty of sites where asking stupid question about free
software programs is the norm, and you are not allowed to admonish users
for not knowing what they must already know (very often it has a section
in the manual about it). The most popular one is probably stackexchange.

For example, I mean questions like: “I am the manager of a nuclear power
plant. The engineers are telling me that we are having a loss of coolant
and core meltdown, what does that mean? Is it dangerous?”

If you want to go spoonfeed, then go to one of those sites.

--
Do not eat animals, respect them as you respect people.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+(become+OR+eat)+vegan