Re: Ask the isosceles triangle people. This is the TRIANGLE-user mailing list

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:

On 25/08/17 23:39, davidson@freevolt.org wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017, Mario Castelán Castro wrote to debian-user[1]:
Ask the tails people. This is the DEBIAN-user mailing list.

If this was intended to discourage such questions here, I think it is
not a fair objection.

An isosceles triangle is a triangle, but Tails is not Debian.

Your comparison fails because Tails is a distribution of its own not
part of Debian in any way, just as Ubuntu or many or the other
derivatives of Debian.

"just as Ubuntu or many *of* the other derivatives of Debian."

Fair enough. Tails is a debian derivative that is not a Debian Pure
Blend[1]; ie, it is not merely "a subset of Debian that is configured
to support a particular target group out-of-the-box".

At first, I thought that it might be a Pure Blend. FWiW, This page
convinced me you are correct:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/relationship_with_upstream/

Thank you for elaborating.

1. https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends