Re: Debian v9 it's a stretch

On 2017-08-24, Dejan Jocic <jodejka@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Do you find checking for possible rootkits is useless, or you are just
>> > not happy how rkhunter performs that function?
>>
>> A well-documented case of rkhunter discovering a rootkit in the last
>> ten years (the 1000s of false positives do not count) would go a long
>> way to establishing its credence,
>>

> So, those in security/forensics who recommend use of rkhunter have just
> been silly? Interesting. But think that I'll use it anyway, just to be
> on the safe side. It does not hurt.

The validity of a statement should be judged by its evidence, not its
source.

Of course, an appeal to authority without citing the authoritative
source to which one appeals is unlikely to convince anyone but some poor
sap already convinced in the first place.

This way, we can all settle back into the comfortable armchairs of our
preconceived convictions.

Thank you for a pause that refreshes.

--
Only the coward who has more fear of death than dignity can comfort himself with the fact that
his body will in time live again in the grass, in the stones, in the toad. To find one's