Re: Debian v9 it's a stretch

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 02:49:00PM +0200, Rob van der Putten wrote:
> Hi there
>

> On 22/08/17 21:16, Rob van der Putten wrote:
>
> > Upgrade from amd64 Jessie (insserv, bare ALSA).
> > I kind of miss xfce-mixer Alsamixergui works, but xfce-mixer looked
> > better.
>
> I use qasmixer now;
> http://www.sput.nl/software/qasmixer.png
> I removed the xfce4 meta package, since it insists on pulse related stuff.
> There is no xfce4-artwork in Stretch, but the Jessie version works.
>
> > I'm very happy that Firefox works on bare ALSA.
>
> > I posted a few things, probably kernel bugs.
> > Apart from that, seamless transition. Even my serial mouse still works.
> > Rkhunter nags a bit about SSH. Even though things seem to be OK. I still
> > have to look into that.
>
> I added;
> Protocol 2
> PermitRootLogin no
> to /etc/ssh/sshd_config

As of Stretch, the standard OpenSSH sshd does not support
Protocol 1, so there's no particular reason to enforce it
by stating Protocol 2.

PermitRootLogin now defaults to "prohibit-password", which
means that you can log in as root with a proper SSH key or
via other methods you have set up, but not with a password.
Another useful argument is forced-commands-only, which requires
both public-key authentication and a command="blah blah" option
in the authorized_keys file, and only allows those commands to
be run. If you've got a pull backup system, that can help.

-dsr-