Re: Debian live installer problems

On 2017-08-20 13:36 -0400 Arjun Krishnan <arjunkc@gmail.com> wrote:
>So thinking I had the wrong initrd like you suggested, I copied the initrd
>and vmlinuz to the root partition of the usb

*Which* “initrd”? There are many of them. The ones *inside* the ISO image
does not work for loading the ISO image from an existing partition.

If you want to load the ISO image from an existing partition, you must use
the hd-media ones, which I have described already.

It is not clear to me what the current problem is. In your previous
message you mentioned what you did, but you did not mention whether it
worked or not. If it did not work, then provide details.

>> If you want to do a net install, you do not need any ISO. As the Debian
>> installation manual (which you should have at least glanced over)
>> says:
>
>I did read over it, but it doesn't seem to cover my specific situation, or
>at least Ive not been able to figure it out.

The quote in my previous message is from
“https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch04s04.html.en”;. Doesn't
this cover your use case?

--
Do not eat animals, respect them as you respect people.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+(become+OR+eat)+vegan