Re: X problems in Stretch with AMD APU?

Hi Alle,

the 4.9 kernel already has amd graphics support, but it needs firmware,
others do not have to(perhaps mesa, opengl, opencl). The X window must be on the radeon driver.

If I were upgrading then I would always install a new one and switch off the old(or will be secondary hdd :)
(Even if I sacrifice three days)

systemctl status bluetooth ?

Greetings
Zoltán

I'm running 4.11

Got a bit further by removing the MESA libraries for GLX support. That removed many graphics applications and libraries. Then added xserver-xorg-core again and now X starts again.

Some work to do because my (wireless USB) keyboard is not recognised in the x session but that should be doable. So it looks like it's OK again but not sure what the crucial step was...