Re: obsolete wiki (no /etc/inittab)

On Sat, 19 Aug 2017, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:

The systemd people have not explicitly documented inittab, as the upstart people did, although they have explicitly documented run levels as "obsolete" in the systemd manual page for runlevel. This, too, has been copied around the WWW, albeit somewhat less. (Examples: https://manpages.debian.org/stretch/systemd-sysv/runlevel.8.en.html

  on Stretch, you have the same content with "man runlevel" (with a better
  table rendering)
  As to inittab, I tried "man inittab", which gave me "no manual entry..."
  but after
      MANPATH="$MANPATH:/usr/share/man/fr/
  I got the inittab manual in french, which describes the Unix SysV startup
  It is in the package manpages-fr-extra, whose version is 20151231...
  I wonder why it is still available in the Stretch repository