Re: Thoughts on Anible?

RavenLX wrote:

> Should Ansible be added to my list? Or do devs recommend something else?
>
> (I am wondering if the "user" mailing list is even the right place to
> ask?)

It was indeed a long reading. I couldn't understand why you exactly use
config automation.

In my opinion it is best suited where you must manage multiple devices of
same type and keep them at same state.
I wrote recently few ansible playbooks. If you are experienced you may not
need that much testing, but ... still it takes time to write and improve a
playbook.

Knowing ansible does not have anything to do with python. Actually you need
more yaml knowledge. There are ready modules that you can use.

regards