Re: kvm/qemu virtual machine can't find hard drives

I really appreciate all of you quick responses.

For some unknown reason, when I searched the Debian database virt came up empty. This time it didn't. So, at this point, its go RTFM.

The manual will probably clear it up but When trying to run virt-manager, I did get the following error:

unable to complete install: 'unsupported configuration: CPU mode 'custom' for x86_64 kvm domain on x86_64 host is not supported by hypervisor'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 88, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 2288, in _do_async_install
    guest.start_install(meter=meter)
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 461, in start_install
    doboot, transient)
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 396, in _create_guest
    self.domain = self.conn.createXML(install_xml or final_xml, 0)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 3523, in createXML if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateXML() failed', conn=self) libvirtError: unsupported configuration: CPU mode 'custom' for x86_64 kvm domain on x86_64 host is not supported by hypervisor

I'll give things another try and may be back later. If not, thanks again.

Gary R