Re: What tool can I use to make efficient incremental backups?

Le decadi 30 thermidor, an CCXXV, Mario Castelán Castro a écrit :
> Let me know if I understood your approach correctly. You have a
> directory in a btrfs filesystem that is the target of your backups. When
> you make a backup, you take a brtfs snapshot of this directory and
> *then* use rsync. Is this correct?

No, it is the other way around: we rsync the data to a directory stored
on a btrfs filesystem, and then we make a snapshot of that directory.
With btrfs's CoW, only the parts of the files that have changed use
space.

Hum, I think it requires the --inplace option.

> On 17/08/17 12:50, Nicolas George wrote:

Please remember not to top-post.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George