Re: No ifconfig [Was: no /etc/inittab]

On Wednesday 16 August 2017 03:28:43 Clive Standbridge wrote:

> oldIFS="$IFS"; IFS=': '; ip -o link | while read num interface other;
> do declare -p interface; done; IFS="$oldIFS"

Now thats an interesting bit of bashism, and deeper into it than I have
waded. But for this local network, I know what they are so I can't think
of a situation that would make me use it.  But it may well be useful in
the future, so the message is marked to protect it from the expiry
rules.

Thank you Clive.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)