Re: why time in XP is wrong?

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 20:44:47 +0200
Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

> Le 14/08/2017 à 20:23, Joe a écrit :
> > On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 20:09:19 +0200
> > Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Windows 7 and later versions support setting the hardware clock to
> >> UTC through a registry setting. But with Windows XP the cleanest
> >> way is to use the UTC timezone or disable daylight saving shifts,
> >> or use NTP on each system to keep the system clock correct.
> >
> > Even the latter may be a problem. I have a Win8 laptop that I
> > occasionally boot to Sid, and of course it's an hour out back on
> > Win8.
>
> Why don't you set the hardware clock to UTC ?

Because one day, an update will change it back to default, and I'll
spend four hours figuring out what's wrong. I've learned not to mess
with Windows defaults without good reason, and resetting the clock five
or six times a year isn't good enough.

Every version of Windows gets more damn 'helpful'... I'm hoping Red
Hat doesn't follow MS too closely...

--
Joe