Re: Unusual LUKS setup

Le septidi 27 thermidor, an CCXXV, tomas@tuxteam.de a écrit :
> I see. Still, you could perhaps use your trick to "collect" the
> passphrase early.

Even if I could find a convenient way to enter the pass phrase as early
as the bootloader, it cannot happen before the end of the POST, and the
POST is a significant part of the boot time.

Since it is not possible to enter the pass phrase at the very beginning
of the boot, the very end it must be to fulfill my requirements.

> And you are either prey to a God complex (knowing better what's right
> for others) or a helper syndrome. Or both.

What makes you say that? I did not pretend that I know better what is
right for you.

But systemd has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion for now,
and yet you brought it up for no apparent reason.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George