Re: no /etc/inittab

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017, Darac Marjal wrote:

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 03:52:09PM +0200, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
On Mon, 14 Aug 2017, Joe wrote:

updated or retired, being mostly frozen in closed forum topics, much of
them not even carrying a date.

 I always thougth that it was a big error of Tim Berners-Lee not
 oblige to date in a visible way all web pages.

Which datestamp would you like? The date the page was served? The date the page was rendered? The date the page was authored? The date the article was authored? The date the software used to render the article was authored?

If I write a site that scrapes questions from Stack Overflow for the purposes of serving ads alongside (you know the pages I mean), do you want me to put my date on there, or Stack Overflow's date?

   I don't think it'so complicated:
   when you write something, you add the date of the day you wrote it.
   when googling, a lot of time is wasted reading obsolete informations..
   Do you imagine newspapers without the date, and people browsing these
   newspapers to find some information on past events?