need "newbie level" instructions to file a bug.

Last week at Debconf17, here in Montréal,  Debian "Stretch" was installed on my machine during the Installfest. Since then, I have had several lcckups of the system.

Machine: Lenovo G50-45, (purchased August 2015). 8 Gb Ram dual booting Windows 8.1 / Debian "Stretch"

What happens: Whenever the screen goes to sleep / suspend mode,the system freezes (no response from the mouse or keyboard). My only recourse was to do a dirty shutdown via the power switch.

The experts have determined that the consistent firmware crash is related to the drivers of my Qualcomm Atheros network card. Previously, i was able to use the wifi and bluetooth in Mint Linux (see thread here:
Atheros QCA6164 0168c:0041 ver20 [SOLVED]

For the present I am obliged to disable screen timeouts, wifi connections, and use an ethernet cable
For DebConf17, I registered with my other email address <luigino19@aol.com> and this is the address which I would prefer to use for reporting the bug.

TIA,  respectfully,

Elton Woo

---