Re: Help with USB audio card

On 08/10/2017 09:06 AM, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Curt <curty@free.fr> writes:

On 2017-08-07, Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:

Besides, I ran alsamixer, selected the USB card and unmuted everything.  But
then, when I try to record, no sound is recorded.  I do:

This makes no sense BTW. Unmuted everything? You're *recording*, so what
you want to do in alsamixer is to select your external usb audio card
(F6), display its capture device(s) (F5), and toggle on the input
channel of your choice (space bar).

But I assume you have arrived at this crucial result in one way or another.

I did.  Besides, the USB card does not even work with headphones: when
headphones are plugged into it, no sound is heard from them.

If you were running pulseaudio, you would merely select the headphones. I suggest you use USB headphones. They are cheap. Works a charm. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html