Re: Debian 9.1 amd64 Xfce panel clock broken

<quote who="Dan Ritter">
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 05:13:55PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
>>     Time Settings
>>       Timezone		PST8PDT
>>     Appearance
>>       Layout		Digital
>>       Tooltip format	Wednesday 09 August 2017
>>     Clock Options
>>       Format		05:04:55 PM
>>
>> Once I have made the above settings, but before choosing "Close", the
>> current time is displayed at the proper location in the Xfce panel. This
>> is
>> what I want.
>>
>> - But when I click "Close", the current time disappears from the panel
>> --
>> e.g. Clock breaks.
>
> Does the space for the clock disappear, or go blank?
>
> If it's going blank, I suggest you look at color settings for
> the clock -- you may have accidentally selected 100% transparent
> text, or the same color as the background.
>
> -dsr-

This is a known bug in the clock applet for Xfce. Last I checked the bug
tracker upstream, it hadn't been fixed. I have the same issue. You can't
adjust the clock settings without it erasing your format string and making
the clock blank. My workaround is to use the orange date/time panel item
instead.

--John