Re: Thunderbird 52.2.1 and Enigmail

D. R. Evans wrote on 08/07/2017 10:45 AM:
> Daniel Bareiro wrote on 08/07/2017 09:36 AM:
>

>>> BUT enigmail won't run because it seems that the current update requires a
>>> version of gnupg that is more recent than the official version that is part of
>>> the repositories :-(
>>
>> I don't remember having this issue. I think I just did "aptitude install
>> enigmail" and it installed only that package. So I assume that the
>> dependencies would already be satisfied with the other packages I had
>> installed.
>>
>> root@orion:~# aptitude show gnupg | grep Versión
>> Versión: 1.4.18-7+deb8u3
>>

> Very strange. That's the same version I have installed, but after the official
> update of thunderbird and enigmail this morning, enigmail immediately
> complained on start-up that it needed a later version of gnupg. Idiotically, I
> didn't write down the number, but I think it was 1.5.something.

OK, I just went through the process again. I brought jessie completely up to
date, including the thunderbird and enigmail apps, then tried to run thunderbird.

At that point, enigmail pops up a box that says that it requires gnupg 2.0.7
or newer (which is obviously later than the 1.4.18 offered by the official
repository). See image at:
  https://www.dropbox.com/s/6s3z6jy5ns3z9qd/gnupg1.png?dl=0

I then downgraded using the same sequence as before, which is how I am able to
send this e-mail.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans