Re: RE : ... blah lbah blah ... spam

Hi,

Nicolas George wrote:
> Well, I have never seen any hint of that kind of feature.

As for sprit of our days:

  https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/17/google-brings-smart-replies-to-gmail-on-ios-and-android/
  https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/26/16000562/easilydo-edison-mail-app-email-smart-reply-security-new-name

But i found none yet which would combine this with a dummy text generator.

> Your Occam's razor is definitely blunted.

Can it be yours is a two-handed sword ?

> These mails are spams
> masquerading as legitimate answers to bypass automated filters and catch
> the reader's attention, nothing more.

This theory does not explain why it is so focused on debian-user,
where it is very unlikely to find a receptive audience.
Further, if this spam shall sneak through spam filters, why does nearly
all of it bear that peculiar URL domain ?

> That is the simplest explanation,

You may get to a less easily refutable theory by saying that somebody
simply wants to annoy us. (By using painfully dull means. So evil.)

But i prefer the idea that there is some reason behind this and we are
the public test area for something more insidious.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas