Re: determining which apps have entries in the applications menu in xfce

Thanks everybody for all the suggestions.

Whisker manager worked for me (thanks Darac), but the other
suggestions were also interesting and useful.

I did have trouble with Settings > Main Menu ---- my version of xfce
doesn't seem to have that.
The Settings submeu jumps from Keyboard to MIME Type Editor, and i
don't see an xfce icon i can click on.  (I also tried the Settings
Manager, but similarly couldn't find anything.)  My version of xfce is
version 4.12.

It sounds like it would be very useful to get to Settings > Main Menu, though.

(Ans along the way i discovered a nice little application showing a
world map with at least some of the countries identified in their
native scripts.)

Sure appreciate everybody's help!!! :)

dan

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 6:54 AM, Charlie Kravetz