Re: Network config

On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 05:44:50PM +0400, ruslan axundov wrote:
> I tried to use debian 9 and  when I
> enter static dns server for debian in resolve.conf  then after reboot
> debian all dns ip removed from resolv.conf file. I tried multiple method to
> prevent this feature but nothing happen. what I must do ?

<https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/dhclient-etcresolvconf-hooks/> is the
best single starting point I have found so far.  It gives multiple
ways to attack the problem, and you can choose which one(s) seem best
for your situation.

Other tips I can give:

1) Make sure the Debian "resolvconf" package is *not* installed.

2) If /etc/resolv.conf is a symlink (e.g. due to previous installation
   of the resolvconf package), remove it and recreate it as a file.

3) I have utterly no idea how Network-Manager works (never used it), so
   consider removing that too, unless you really need it.

4) systemd may have some other network configuratizing thinymajig.
   But you know better than to use *that*, right?

5) Some DHCP servers send back a list of nameserver IPs even if you don't
   ask for them.  The ISC DHCP client daemon *will* overwrite resolv.conf
   if it receives them.  So, simply configuring dhclient.conf not to
   ask for nameservers will work on some networks but not on others.