Re: debootstrap error with dvdrom install

pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com wrote:
>hi,
>I'm trying to install Stretch on a Lenovo laptop with the KDE dvdrom and each time I get
>the error:
>   debootstrap error. Unable to find the codename for release
>
>I saw a lot of posts about this error, but they were all related to a usb install, but one.
>This one said he left the install in standby for several hours, but this is not my case.
>So, I don't know what to do. Has anybody an idea?

You don't say exactly which image you're using, but this is clearly a
bug. I'm *guessing* you're using a 9.0.x live image? The 9.1.0 images
should work better...

Google-bait:       http://www.debian.org/CD/free-linux-cd
  Debian does NOT ship free CDs. Please do NOT contact the mailing
  lists asking us to send them to you.