Re: Jessie to Stretch Upgrade: Enable Predictable Network Interface Names

Am 27.07.2017 um 18:04 schrieb debian-lists@patschie.de:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I forgot to mention that I also recreated the initramfs:
> after several tries just to update it, I deleted the initramfs and recreated it completely.
> But still the same effect.
>
> Is there a way to manually check the contents of the initramfs, just to make sure that the 70-persistent-net.rules isn’t there?

lsinitramfs /boot/initrd.img-$(uname -r) | grep  70-persistent-net.rules

This should come up empty.

The new naming is setup via /lib/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules
and a link file called  99-default.link

lsinitramfs /boot/initrd.img-$(uname -r) | grep  80-net-setup-link.rules
lib/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules
lsinitramfs /boot/initrd.img-$(uname -r) | grep 99-default.link
lib/systemd/network/99-default.link

Is this a bare metal or a VM?
universe are pointed away from Earth?