Re: Hibernate in stretch

On 7/22/17, solitone <solitone@mail.com> wrote:
> On my previous laptop with jessie hibernation didn't work. On my current
> laptop with stretch hibernation doesn't work either.
>
> During the several updates that interested stretch in the last few months,
> the
> symptoms changed, and I don't remember exactly their evolution at the
> moment.
> Currently, when the system resumes, after a few boot messages, everthing
> stalls on a black screen. I don't even get the login screen.

You're partially describing what *I think* I wrote on a different
thread a while back. I had written about strange issues related to the
few minutes in between unplugging the (ASUS 1015px) laptop out on the
front porch and then plugging it back in here inside the house.

My memory's getting foggy on the exact details because it has been so
long since it last happened. What I'm remembering is that I would
close the lid outside, unplug it, bring it inside, plug it back in,
and open the lid hoping it would wake up as we expect = right where I
left off out on the porch.

Quite a few times it did NOT wake up normally. It woke up in the way
I'm grasping is being described above. It would suddenly, *partially*
reboot without intervention from me.

After it went through what appeared to be a normal complete boot, I'd
then *unexpectedly* end up back at the various *still open* windows
I'd been using on the porch a few minutes before..

It was VERY nice that at least it did that. It was a curiosity,
though, that it appeared to go through a "real reboot" where
expectations are that memory is wiped and everything is gone, zapped.
But instead of the memory (cache? sorry..) being wiped clean,
everything I had been working on pulled up exactly as I had left it
open only minutes before..

Oh, and I would, yes, get the login screen just before it would open
on up into the previous session that theoretically maybe should not
have been there.

Oh x 2 is I don't remember which release I was using. I think maybe
Sid. If not Sid, it was Stretch testing last summer'ish (mid 2016)
because I haven't taken the laptop outside much since then....

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *