Re: Hibernate in stretch

On Wednesday, 26 July 2017 04:15:06 CEST behrad eslami wrote:
> Yes it is. its new for me. after upgrade i have these error
>
> On Tuesday, 25 July 2017 13:13:41 CEST behrad eslami wrote:
> > Jul 23 20:23:45 laptop kernel: [  90.862717] [drm] GPU HANG: ecode
> > 9:0:0xd23b808f, in chromium [1484], reason: Hang on render ring, action:
> > reset
> > Jul 23 20:23:45 laptop kernel: [  90.862802] drm/i915: Resetting chip
> > after gpu hang

Yes, it is the same bug I have, and it has been solved with this patch:

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/111587/

> [CI,3/3] drm/i915/execlists: Reset RING registers upon resume
> There is a disparity in the context image saved to disk and our own
> bookkeeping - that is we presume the RING_HEAD and RING_TAIL match our
> stored ce->ring->tail value. However, as we emit WA_TAIL_DWORDS into the
> ring but may not tell the GPU about them, the GPU may be lagging behind
> our bookkeeping. Upon hibernation we do not save stolen pages, presuming
> that their contents are volatile. This means that although we start
> writing into the ring at tail, the GPU starts executing from its HEAD
> and there may be some garbage in between and so the GPU promptly hangs
> upon resume.

I haven't yet figured out which kernel version contains such patch, though.
BTW, I have also submitted a bug to debian, pointing out that solution, but it
doesn't seem to have been considered yet:
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁    Sent from my brain using neurons fueled by glucose.
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀
⠈⠳⣄