Re: debian 6 download)

From: gosho@oles.biz

On 07/23/2017 05:21 AM, Georgi Naplatanov wrote:
> On 07/23/2017 05:04 AM, Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
>> On 23/07/17 04:56, arshad mahmood wrote:
>>> Hi do you know how I can down load debian 6 server is free to download
>>> load or will I need to buy it through a vendor regards
>>
>> Debian 6 (squeeze) images are free to download but have been moved to
>> the archives.
>>
>> Media images are in the cdimage archive:
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/
>>
>> Packages are on archive.debian.org:
>> http://archive.debian.org/debian/dists/
>>
>> Debian 9 (stretch) has been released. Have you considered using this
>> newer, supported release?
>>

> There is a list with supported Debian releases including LTS and Debian
> 7 is oldest supported release.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS
>
> Kind regards

Hi Arshad,

if you have no restriction for Debian 6 only then you can try CentOS 6.
CentOS 6 has similar packages" version to Debian 6 and it"s still supported.

Kind regards
Georgi

If it is systemd you are trying to avoid and you start with 6 the upgrade to 7
is safe.  It works like a cheetah and it still gets all security upgrades till late '18
If you make the mistake and go to Jessie from there, either you accept
systemd or you will be broken, but you can always upgrade from 7 to
Devuan.
To tell my honest story from bouncing around and trying stuff, Manjaro OpenRC
for me seems bulletproof.  I am writing now from a tortured ManjOpenrc with
kernels up to 4.12.2 and it is solid.
My experience with Debian trying to avoid systemd has send it down the tubes
of my respect.  I hate to admit it, but I gave it one hell of a try and it failed me.