Re: cups

On Thu 20 Jul 2017 at 19:51:19 +0200, Pol Hallen wrote:

> Hi all :-)
>
> can someone tell me how cups handles pdf files?

Impossible to say in your situation without knowing the printer make
and model and the PPD used.

> I've cups on server and some clients connected to it (ipp://ip/printer)

Please post the outputs of 'lpstat -t' and 'lpoptions -p <queue_name> on
the client. (<queue_name> is the printer the PDF is sent to).

> From client I print (ie: a 300Kb of pdf), in log cups server I see that file
> size about 4/5Mb (why?),

Impossible to say because we do not know how you printed on the client.
The 4/5MB was obtained from http://localhost:631/jobs?which_jobs=all on
the server?

>                          so the printer before print it I've to wait also 15
> minutes :-/

Impossible to diagnose without information from sources others have
suggested you look at.

> This happens only with a client with debian testing (and latest update of
> cups) before this updates no problem.

What happens when the PDF is printed from the server with lp?

--
Brian.