Re: Free software

On Thu 20 Jul 2017 at 08:59:08 (-0400), Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 20 July 2017 07:32:04 rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 09:27:16 PM Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > Doug is correct. Every shop had a subscription to SAM's and toward
> > > the end as many as 9 or 10, tall 4 drawer fileing cabinets to keep
> > > the stuff in if the subscription was for all of the stuff.
> >
> > Ahh, Sam's was a good clue (for me)--I think the series was called
> > Sam's Photofacts.
>
> Yup.

I looked them up and found they had, for example, a manual for
the Ferrograph Series 3. Would that be a badge engineered
Ferrograph manual or a different publication¹? I had manuals
for the Series 2 (hardbound) and Series 7 (comb-bound) machines
that I/we possessed. They had full alignment instructions,
circuit diagrams etc.

In the UK I had no difficulty with getting manuals and circuit
diagrams from the likes of Quad, Leak, Radford, Tandberg, to name
but a few. I just wrote to them and they sent them back, gratis.
That seemed to be the norm back then (fifties through seventies).

¹ie like the entirely original Haynes manuals for cars.

Cheers,
David.