Re: Apt-get Upgrade Problem in Stretch?

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 14:32:04 -0400 Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 10:29:02AM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > Getting no results from apt-get upgrade after a week.  Can install
> > apps, etc., but get no security or stretch-update "fixes," etc.  I
> > find this unusual.  Did a mail list archive search for this, but
> > didn't find anything specific. Or did I miss the solution?
> >
> > My Test Setup:
> >
> > Stretch Stable 64-bit from net-install disk in Virtualbox 5.1 on a
> > Wheezy host.  Basic terminal install (no GUI), converted to sysvinit
> > (did not do anything to systemd files. Kept as dependencies) and
> > then added xorg, openbox window manager, etc.
> >

> Did you do an apt-get update before your upgrade?

Yes.  I've been using Debian since Sarge.  So, this isn't my first
rodeo.  But this is the first time I've ever had this occur.  I'm
beginning to think this might be an installer "problem" (I did a
terminal only mnimal install to begin with) even though sources.list
and configs look okay. I'm going to do a "default" install with the
LXDE desktop and see if I have the same problem.