Re: Installation of debian/stretch 32-bit error

Hi Thomas,
> The problem is with GRUB's refusal or failure to accept the disk in
> the state it is.
>
> What do you get as output if you run on the rescue system:
>
>   fdisk -lu /dev/hda

I am sorry, that I will not be able to check this out any more. As it was not
my computer, I installed as a solution "Knoppix" on it. The computer is
intended for the kids of my neighbour (9 and 12 years old) and on this old
hardware I did not want install windows on it (in fact I never want to install
windows!!!) so I thought it a good idea, to introduce the kids with linux.

So far, Knoppix is running well, and they will learn using linux with it.

Thanks for any help, but the problem for now can bee seen as solved.

Best regards

Hans