Setup Grub-Legacy on Jessie

Some of you may already know that setting up grub-legacy on Debian can be imposable, I've been thinking about this for awhile now and how to solve this problem that Ubuntu does not have.

So I added trusty main to my Jessie repos and installed trusty grub and trusty grub-common, I had to do a force-install and an apt-hold on grub-common to keep it from getting upgraded.

And then I started grub and ran
#find /boot/grub/stage1
#root (hd0,0)
#setup (hd0)

I was half expecting it not to work cause I don't know anyone else who has tried this, but it worked and I booted it a few times until I was convinced it was working. :)

Questions or suggestions?

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Jessie - KDE 4.14.2 - Intel G3220 - EXT4 at sda7
Registered Linux User #380263