Re: multiple windows, not multiple tabs

FHDATA composed on 2017-07-18 21:30 (UTC-0600):

> this is a KDE 4.14.x question.

> a showstopper I need to find a remedy/fix
> or find myself another desktop.

> It seems that in KDE everything is single-instance!

> in particular I am in need of being able to launch
> multiple instances of Konsole or heck even a whole
> bunch of xterms ....
> All I get is  one window with tabs....

> can not work only with one window with multiple tabs.
> I want multiple windows/instances.

> Am I missing any hidden Preferences or Setting somewhere?

All my KDE4 installations allowed as many Konsole windows open at once as I
desired. I don't remember ever encountering any limitation on number, and
certainly not to only one. In case you don't get a more helpful response here,
there is another list possibly more helpful: debian-kde@lists.debian.org

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/