Re: PulseAudio (Some users get sound, orthers do not)

On 07/16/2017 03:18 PM, Marc Shapiro wrote:
On 07/14/2017 02:09 AM, Curt wrote:

Or maybe during the redaction of your post you left out the '-r' flag by
inadvertence.
Correct.  The -r should have been included.

BTW, I solved the problem of the directory and files not being recreated. My daughter had a .pulse sub-directory in her /home/ directory which prevented the new directory and files from being created. Deleting that directory allowed the new directory and files to be created, but my daughter still gets no sound.

Hi Marc,

I have pulse installed on a lot of computers, more than 50 systems installed for many year without problem, why do you think your daughter is having this problem? It seems to me something is wrong with the basic system install.
Is audio the only problem or are there other problems too?

If audio is the only problem I would remove pulse and all it's files, run deborphan and clean the system up and then reinstall pulse and vlc or gstreamer, I use gstreamer but vlc is the default install and works too.

Good luck!
--
Jimmy Johnson

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS - KDE 4.13.2 - Intel G3220 - EXT4 at sda1
Registered Linux User #380263