Thunderbird and OAuth

Hello,

Running Thunderbird on Stretch...

For a host of reasons, calendar-provider has never worked for one
particular gmail account I have, and I have tried using the calDAV
interface to get the events imported and visible.  To use this, Im
relying on OAuth securing my login to google's caldav api.

The issue is when I start Thunderbird and get the Oauth login, none of
the buttons respond -- the "next" button, when clicked, does not
advance the UI window to the one where you type your password.

A bunch of the usual stuff -- ping, network connection and all that -- work OK.

Can someone suggest something to try?

Cheers!

--
Boyan Penkov