Re: funding & viability questions of GPL enforcement.

There are salient discrepancies in copylefting collective work —as there are
mismatches in working as a free software developer in a western economic model.
 Let me just say that this discussion, working out the legal details of the
problem, is very interesting.  I guess that's how every inch of freedom has to
be conquered, and I'm delighted that this list allows me to witness it.

Please go ahead.

On Sat 15/Jul/2017 19:24:56 +0200 Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
> [...]
> Finally, this is probably a good moment -- since this thread has erupted on
> a Debian Mailing List -- to let everyone know that Conservancy also
> organizes a GPL copyright aggregation project for Debian contributors as
> well, see: https://sfconservancy.org/copyleft-compliance/#debian and
> https://sfconservancy.org/news/2015/aug/17/debian/.

May I ask, in passing, why Debian (for packages like apt, say) as well as Linux
did not switch to GPLv3?  Would such switch ease enforcement?

Thanks
Ale