Re: How to use Garmin Connect with Debian 7?

rhkramer@gmail.com wrote on 07/14/17 14:10:
>> Am 13.07.17 12:13 nachm., schrieb Jörg-Volker Peetz:
>>> there's this nice blog in German:
>>> https://blog.dafb-o.de/neue-firmware-fuer-garmin-devices-unter-linux/
>>> where the firmware update procedure from Linux is detailed and a link to
>>> the firmware files for your device is given http://gawisp.com/perry/edge/
>>> .
>
> Can you provide a more precise link--that link gives me "Oh! Die Seite konnte
> nicht gefunden werden."
>
> I don't suppose there is an English translation?  (I assume not, and I'll see
> if Google translate makes it understandable to me.)
>
> Thanks!
> Randy Kramer

Today, at 7:57 UTC o'clock both links worked for me.

The blog page mainly states a procedure which worked also on other devices like
the older Oregon: the firmware file is copied via USB onto the device into the
"/Garmin/" directory under the name "gupdate.gcd". When the device is restarted,
this new firmware file get's installed.
>From the second link the firmware file can be downloaded.

Regards,
jvp.