Re: jesse->stretch for DYMO label printer

On Fri 14 Jul 2017 at 16:26:30 +0200, Ionel Mugurel Ciobîcă wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> After jesse -> stretch upgrade my DYMO label printer is using a
> different font. Before I could fit 6 lines on a label, each line with
> 18 characters.

Knowing the printer model is always useful.

> Now it fits only 5 and a half lines and 16.25 characters in a funny
> way. The first 3.25 characters do not show up, only the following
> ones.
>
> A line 12345678901234567890 will show the first 4 almost complete and
> from the first five to the last 9 all, and the last zero only half.
>
> Anyone knows where I can locate the config file for the fonts that
> are used by the label printer?

Does a printer dialog in an application show any way of altering
fonts?

> I reinstalled the printer, reinstall the printer-driver-dymo dpkg. I
> am not sure how to fix this.
>
> I use cups and the drivers that comes with it in Debian.
>
> I use Debian since hamm and potato.

The printng system is not responsible for changing font size (except
when the input file is text). Surely, the application producing the
labels is where to look?

--
Brian.