Re: Suggestions AMD or NVidia

On 12/07/17 08:15 PM, deloptes wrote:
Gary Dale wrote:

My preference is always to AMD for the simple reasons that they are more
Linux-friendly and, as the number 2 company, need to be supported to
ensure that computing doesn't become a monopoly. They are second behind
Intel in chip sales and second behind NVidia in graphics cards. However
their hardware always seems to work with Linux.
so linux friendly that they dropped support for older cards in newer
kernels, so that our older computers render unusable

as for the number 2 company needs support, perhaps true, but they have to
put more effort as well

They didn't drop support for the older cards. The open source drivers work perfectly for them. There was no need to maintain separate proprietary drivers.