Re: stretch not booting

Le 18/05/2017 à 02:30, bw a écrit :
>> I had exactly the same problem recently with almost the same laptop:
>> Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 that I had previously given to a friend. I
>> switched it back to Jessie.
>
> I can confirm this on Dell Mini 1012, installation is successful, first boot is okay.  After reboot all boots fail at various places.
> I have tried minimal install (no X) from RC2 with same behavior.
>
> I have not tried installing sysV and removing systemd after first boot, just sticking with jessie for now.

Thanks to him, a guy (kozaki) has done thorough research (see 1&2) to
solve this problem. It is caused by a failed attempt to restore the LCD
backlight at boot. Passing 'systemd.restore_state=0' kernel parameter at
boot is a solution.

1) https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/47509
2) https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=201523&p=2