Re: pop-up windows all the time in Firefox, Stretch

On 09-07-17, Anil Duggirala wrote:
> hello,
> Ever since I moved to Stretch I have had pop-up windows popping up all
> the time (clicking on various items on various types of pages). I am
> posting here, since this is only happening in my Debian installation.
> Was anything changed in the default configuration of Firefox. It feels
> like Windows with all of these pop-ups, this is the first time I
> experience anything like this in a linux installation.
> thanks,

In firefox you have option to block pop-up windows. Go to preferences,
it is under content. And install some add blocker. For me, best is :

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

You can also install script blocker, like this one:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/?src=ss

With all that on, you will be pretty safe against pop-ups.